In a little change of scenery here on PastorMark.tv, Ashley wanted to share a favorite meal with everybody. Stay tuned for more from her and Grace in the future.
Chicken and Leeks
Adapted from The Herbal Kitchen
2–3 leeks (depending upon size), sliced thinly
4 chicken breasts, thawed
2 c. chicken stock
2 lbs. red potatoes
1/2 c. sour cream
A few tablespoons of tarragon or basil, for garnish
1/4 lb. cremini or button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Rinse potatoes, then put into a pot with cold water and boil until soft enough to mash.
- Slice leeks and mushrooms.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Sear the chicken breasts on both sides in a sauté pan with a little oil.
- Add chicken stock and vegetables. Cover a lid.
- Cook until chicken’s juices run clear (approximately 15 minutes)
- Mash potatoes and add sour cream.
- Spoon potatoes onto plates and place a chicken breast on top of each.
- For the sauce, you can serve it as it is, finish it with cream, or make it into gravy.
- Garnish with herbs and serve with baguette for dipping.